Free Legal Assistance to Qualified Irvine Residents
The City of Irvine has partnered with the Legal Aid Society of Orange County to provide free civil legal services to qualified Irvine residents. Services include self-help clinics, workshops, online court forms, an intake hotline, preparation of legal documents and legal representation. Areas include:
- Bankruptcy – Consultation and clinics for Chapter 7 consumer debtors.
- Foreclosure – Consultation or assistance to those with residential foreclosure, victims of loan modification scams, as well as free loan modification help.
- Debt Collection – Consultation and claim of exemption.
- Family Law* - Divorces, non-governmental paternity, and custody and visitation issues.
- Health Consumer Issues – Assistance with government medical benefits and unpaid medical bills.
- Unemployment – Benefit consultation or assistance at the administrative level.
- Residential Eviction
- Tax Controversies
For more information or to find out if you qualify, call 1-800-834-5001 or visit legal-aid.com
* Visit the Legal Aid website for a list of restrictions on the types of family law cases they handle.