FEMA Opens Local Assistance Center in Irvine to Assist Fire Victims
The Irvine One-Stop Center, located at 125 Technology Drive West, Suite 200, in Irvine, California, has opened as a Local Assistance Center (LAC) and will operate today (10/26/07) from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The LAC will remain open throughout the weekend, Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Service hours may be extended based on need.
The following agencies are represented at the LAC:
- Salvation Army
- Red Cross
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Orange County Social Services
- California Department of Family Services
- Employment Development Department
- Mental Health
- Welfare Assistance
- State Insurance Department
- Southern California Edison
- Irvine Valley Water
- Cox Communications
- San Diego Gas and Electric
- Orange County Assessors Office
- Small Business Association
- Franchise Tax Board
- OC Clerk Recorder
- OC Health Care Agency
- County of Orange Operations and Maintenance
- The Office of U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein
- The Office of U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer
This list is subject to change and will be updated regularly.
Those visiting the LAC for assistance will be asked to sign-in as they enter. They will then be asked to fill out an intake form to determine their needs, and then will be routed to the appropriate agency/agencies for assistance.
For additional information, contact the Orange County One-Stop Center at (949) 341-8000.