Planned Outage Notification
SCE will be performing maintenance on the electrical systems in the following areas. In order to perform this work safely, we must temporarily interrupt electric service and turn off power. Outages will allow us to upgrade aging infrastructure, make needed improvements, and complete other repairs. We realize these temporary service interruptions may cause some inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding as we work to increase system reliability for the future.
Outage Status: Scheduled
Outage Alert Num: 452615
Starting at: May 10, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Ending at: May 10, 2011 1:00 p.m.
# of Residential customers affected: 51
# of Commercial customers affected: 2
# of Traffic Control meters affected: 0
Outage Boundary: 1-100 BLKS BELL CHIME / FULL MOON / KEEPSAKE
*Please note that the power may be off for the whole period or may be turned off more than once. This planned outage may not begin exactly at the stated start time, and some conditions may cause this planned outage to be postponed. The times noted are our best estimate and circumstances may affect both the start time and the completion time indicated above.
How to Prepare
To lessen the impact of an outage on your facilities, please follow these tips:
- To prevent the loss of data and/or damage to your equipment, be sure to shut off or disconnect all sensitive electronic equipment, such as computers and fax machines, before the outage begins. Please note that a system reboot may be required if your business must disconnect from its mainframe and/or servers, and turning off or disconnecting some equipment may cause cached data to be lost.
- This outage will affect your alarm systems and may affect private phone systems. Please notify security and/or phone companies that provide your business with service of this outage.
- Make sure you can override or manually operate your security gates.
- If you plan to operate an emergency generator, please notify SCE before the outage so we can protect our employees from possible electrical back feed. To notify SCE of a generator, please call 1-(800) 990-7788.
- If you do not have a generator, you might consider renting a portable one if needed. Please note that SCE cannot reimburse you for this cost.
- For more information and current status on a planned outage, please visit www.sce.com/outage.
For information on the status of this outage, please call 1-(888) 759-6056 and reference the planned outage number(s) above. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 1-(714) 796-9803 between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of the outage.