Commuters throughout Southern California are using the Metrolink commuter rail system. It’s a fast, comfortable and fun way to commute throughout the region while avoiding traffic and reducing carbon emissions.
The Irvine Business Complex (IBC) is served by two Metrolink stations: the Tustin Station and the Irvine Station. The Tustin Station is closest to the IBC.
Two Metrolink commuter train lines pass through these stations:
- The Orange County (OC) Line, which travels between Oceanside and downtown Los Angeles, runs every 10-30 minutes during rush hour. The OC Line provides limited service on the weekends as well.
- The Inland Empire-Orange County (IEOC) Line runs between Oceanside and San Bernardino every 10-40 minutes during rush hour. The IEOC Line provides limited service on the weekends as well.
Not every line serves every station, so consult the current timetable for your travel options. In general:
- 600 series trains operate between Los Angeles and Oceanside.
- 700 series trains operate between Riverside and Los Angeles.
- 800 series trains operate between Oceanside and San Bernardino.
Once you arrive at the Tustin Station, getting to the IBC couldn’t be easier. The iShuttle and OCTA Route 472 are designed to meet rush hour trains, so your connection is seamless. Both services are free with your valid Metrolink ticket.
If you are arriving at the Irvine Station, OCTA Route 86 provides scheduled service to the IBC every hour.
Visit metrolinktrains.com for maps, schedules, and fare information, or call 800-371-LINK (5465) for assistance in planning your trip.